Thursday, April 21, 2011

TOO LONG

Okay it's been too long since a post. WAY too long. When I started this blog, I was resolved to be consistent. So, here's my trying to be consistent.

I don't have a lot to write about. I am making a new film though! This one's called "Attic" and I'm pretty excited about it. It's a suspense/horror film. I do kind of cringe at the word "horror" though, because I feel the horror genre has been warped and is somewhat misunderstood now a days. Just to be clear, Attic is not a slasher, blood and guts horror film. I love the script because it reminds me of a more classical horror story; in the vein of Psycho, Twilight Zone, etc. I'm trying to take this classification and really run with it too. It's interesting story boarding and breaking down a script to try and achieve a very specific style. I haven't done it before, and I'm not even sure if that particular style is going to break through in any extremely obvious ways. But that's okay, I'd prefer that my style never be too obvious in a film. I like to look at a script and approach it as naturally as possible, because I know my own personality and style will naturally play through that way. But there is still a time and place for filtering my natural style through the lens of another style, and that's what I'm doing with this film. It's interesting! And a lot of fun.

If you're reading this, check out the fundraising page:
http://www.indiegogo.com/Attic
More than just a fundraising page, it's got info about the film, cast, etc. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment